What is a SIG?
Introduction to SIGs, from the BBG Business Liaison Secretary
Whilst working groups are not new to the BBG it has been some years since they were last active and we are delighted to have recently re-introduced the concept of working-groups to the BBG.
Commonly referred to as ‘SIG’s’ or Special Interest Groups, the BBG currently has five areas of interest which focus on key sectors in the Saudi market of particular interest to BBG members.
These groups are currently being re-organised and a anyone wishing to take part or help to run such a group should get in touch.
SIG’s are open to all members of the BBG who have an interest in the respective business sector and each SIG has an appointed Chairman who is not on the BBG Committee.
The current SIG’s are linked below:
- Financial Services, chaired by Farooq Azam
- Engineering & Construction, chair TBA
- Retail & Marketing, chair TBA
- Education & Training, chair TBA
- Manufacturing & Logistics, chair TBA
Through these working groups we aim to provide a targeted professional and social forum for BBG members with interests in those sectors. More specifically, the overall objectives of the SIGs are:
- To foster working relationships between BBG representatives of local companies and individuals within the respective sector of business.
- To act as a forum to host speakers on specific issues within the sector.
- To act as a lobby group for the BBG committee on all matters relating to their sector.
- To promote UK plc and develop opportunities for members and their companies in their respective fields.
- A medium through which articles of interest to its members are circulated on a regular basis.
- A platform through which to share best practise.
Retail & Marketing SIG
Manufacturing & Logistics SIG